Learn more about Medicare and Social Security at Mesa Library
Mesa, AZ – Are you confused about Medicare? Our local experts will present an explanation of the different parts of Medicare on Saturday, Nov. 15 from 10 a.m. to noon at Red Mountain Library, 635 N. Power Road, in the Program Room.
Come learn about how Parts A, B, C, and D work with Original Medicare and Medicare Advantage. This workshop will also discuss Social Security and explain who is eligible, how to apply and when to apply.
No registration is required. For more information please contact the Mesa Library at (480) 644-3100.
Medicare is the federal health insurance program for:
- People who are 65 or older
- Certain younger people with disabilities
- People with End-Stage Renal Disease (permanent kidney failure requiring dialysis or a transplant, sometimes called ESRD)
What are the parts of Medicare?
The different parts of Medicare help cover specific services:
- Medicare Part A (Hospital Insurance)
Part A covers inpatient hospital stays, care in a skilled nursing facility, hospice care, and some home health care.
- Medicare Part B (Medical Insurance)
Part B covers certain doctors’ services, outpatient care, medical supplies, and preventive services.
- Medicare Part D (prescription drug coverage)
Helps cover the cost of prescription drugs (including many recommended shots or vaccines).