Fall, with its festivals, family traditions, and seasonal delights, casts its enchantment even over Mesa, Arizona. Nestled in this picturesque region, you’ll find a cornucopia of fall events and activities as well as natural wonders that promise to make your autumn unforgettable.
Fall in Mesa Arizona, brings a sense of excitement as the desert cools down, creating the perfect backdrop for a series of memorable events and festivals. Whether you’re a foodie, an art enthusiast, or a family looking for some quirky weekend fun or Halloween activities, Mesa has something special in store for you this fall.
As the leaves turn and the air crisps, let’s explore the charm that Mesa has to offer during this magical season.
Listed are some great festivals for you and your family to try.
- Garlic Fest at Queen Creek Olive Mill (Sept. 16-24): Prepare for a garlicky adventure at the Queen Creek Olive Mill. This free event showcases organically grown, estate garlic along with live music, local food trucks, a beer and wine garden, cooking demos, garlic gelato, and more. Breath mints are a must!
- Vertuccio Farms Annual Fall Festival (Sept. 29 – Oct. 29): Dive into family fun at Vertuccio Farms. From the pizza farm to a giant tube roll, barrel train rides, a pumpkin patch, and a 5-acre corn maze, there’s excitement for all ages.
- Schnepf Farms Pumpkin & Chili Party (Oct. 1-30): Named the best fall family event in the Greater Phoenix Area, this fest at Schnepf Farms offers amusement rides, zip lining, train rides, hayrides, and more. Don’t miss the 4-acre and 10-acre corn mazes, petting zoo, and mouthwatering chili dinners.
- Season Kickoff Festival (Sept. 8, 6 -10 p.m.): At the Mesa Arts Center, “We Create the Future” during this all-ages, free event. Enjoy delectable food, live music, new art exhibitions, and interactive activities.
- Celebrate Mesa Day (October 14, 5-9 p.m.): Immerse yourself in festival vibes at Red Mountain Soccer Complex with fair-style rides, live music, games, and more. It’s a celebration of everything Mesa has to offer.
- Mesa International Film Festival (October 19 – 22): This unique festival showcases diverse voices in the film industry. It’s an opportunity to connect with fellow film enthusiasts and experience cinema from around the world.
- Dia De Los Muertos Festival (Oct. 21 – 22, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.): Hosted by the Mesa Arts Center, this event celebrates Latin American art and culture related to the Mexican holiday, Day of the Dead. Expect stunning art, live performances, and more.
- Mesa Singer Songwriter Festival (November 16 – 18): Music lovers, rejoice! This festival in Downtown Mesa features a variety of musical artists and plenty of delicious food. It’s a three-day celebration of singers and songwriters.
- 2nd Friday Night Out: Held every second Friday of the month, this event in Downtown Mesa offers art, dining, shopping, entertainment, and weekly themes.
- Sunset Market (Oct. 19, Nov. 30, Dec. 7, Dec. 14, Dec. 21, 4-8 p.m.): After a day of fun, experience the Downtown Mesa Sunset Market. Held every third Thursday, it promises a vibrant community atmosphere and a magical fall evening.
- Downtown Mesa BBQ Classic (November 3 – 4): Satisfy your taste buds with mouthwatering BBQ at this community-centric event. Live music and engaging demonstrations make it a delightful fall experience.
Fall Scenery and Outdoor Activities:
- The Boyce Thompson Arboretum: Just 30 minutes from Mesa, this botanical garden boasts historic buildings, hidden gardens, and miles of trails. Late November is the ideal time to witness vibrant fall colors.
- Saguaro Lake: Enjoy the beauty of nature with a sunset cruise on the Desert Belle, lakeside picnics, or simply soaking in the serene sunsets.
- Hiking: Fall offers pleasant temperatures for outdoor adventures. Explore the stunning Arizona landscapes with various hikes to choose from.
Embrace the spirit of fall in Mesa, Arizona by indulging in these festivals and experiencing the natural wonders of the region. Whether you’re seeking family fun or a serene escape into nature, Mesa has something to offer every fall enthusiast.